Indigenous Knowledge Film Festival
State Library Victoria – Village Roadshow Theatrette 328 Swanston Street Melbourne 3000 Australia
This year the Indigenous Knowledge Institute will be participating in Melbourne Knowledge Week.
Showcasing and celebrating Indigenous knowledge, this is a powerful selection of short films whose makers come from various Countries across Australia and Timor-Leste:
- Holding Tightly: Custom and Healing in Timor-Leste (Lisa Palmer and Ronin Films)
- Sugarbag Dreaming (Natasha Fijn)
- Martuwarra Fitzroy River of Life (Anne Poelina and Martuwarra Fitzroy River Council)
- Yindyamarra Yambuwan (Ray Woods and Bernard Sullivan)
- Galaridyi Bangamalagi – Sharing the Lachlan (Ray Woods and Bernard Sullivan)
Following each screening, there will be a short discussion with the filmmakers and knowledge holders.
While children are welcome, the films are aimed more at an adult audience and will hold particular interest for those in the policy or education sector.
Please arrive at 3.15pm as the first short film will start promptly at 3.30pm.