Cultural burning is part of a broad array of Indigenous land management approaches. It is a method of managing Country using fire which has been employed for millennia in Australia.
Associate Professor Michael-Shawn Fletcher provides an overview of cultural burning and the Australian landscape in this bite-sized lecture.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Schools Curriculum- Fire
- Submission to the Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements and the Executive Summary
- Submission to the Inquiry into the 2019-20 Victorian Bush Fire Season
- Bite-sized lecture: Cultural Burning and the Australian Landscape
- Event recording: Landscape Construction Through Fire